July 8, 2010

Thinking OUT LOUD

"A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him I may think aloud."



- Ralph Waldo Emerson
 
For me in order to set my thoughts straight I tend to speak them out loud. Over the years I had learned to keep my thinking to myself (being the more introverted type as it is) I often had anxiety over what others may think if I said what I thought out loud.
 
Something wonderful happens when you have a friend. When trust builds between you. When the walls come down. When the fear subsides. When you begin to feel safe in the mind and heart of another. When you can THINK OUT LOUD in front of someone else.
 
I think at those times is when we may be a little more vulnerable than at any other times...when we haven't fully formulated what we really think about something. It is a time when you may find you have a faulty thought pattern. You may look silly or unlearned. You may be raw and unkind in your judgements.
 
BUT to your FRIEND - you are just THINKING :0)
 
Be thankful today for someone who you call friend. Send out a prayer of thanks and give them a call today and just say thank you for being MY FRIEND!!
 
F & L'er 
 - Starla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!