July 5, 2010

Read Between The Lines











Ever feel like you may be missing something?  The same thing happening over and over again?  I have been dealing with just that over and over again and keep wondering why does it have to be like this?  Coming back to the same conclusion time and time again.  Ding Dong!  Mountain experience, again!  You know just like the Israelites round and round the mountain they went...   I have to make myself stop and focus on purpose.  One thought at a time and allow it to process.  Ask myself questions and refuse to react but make sure I act.  One thing I have told myself over and over again when dealing with people is that you teach people how to treat you.  I am a firm believer in that.  I am responsible for me and I can not control nobody but myself.
Being mistreated is hard to take especially when it come in pairs or seems to be everywhere you turn that day or week.  Even more painful when it is coming from those people you love and want to be close with.  Like the old saying goes when it rains it pours.  I had just that over the holiday weekend to an unbelievable degree that just had me feeling like I was in a funk and totally drained.  Pulling myself back up again and doing my self check in order to do what needs to be done physically, emotionally, spiritually, socially and respectfully.  Do what is right despite what I feel...it is a challenging choice that has to be made.
A refreshing mental oasis with (The Truth) Christ!  What I mean is not as religious as it sounds.  I find that when I read God's Word it brings me back where I belong by balancing out my thinking.  Clears away the junk.  NO longer entangled by the disorder and confusion but relieved by the clarity of mind and truth that sets us free. Two words have stuck in my mind for some time now, so I thought I would just look it up and see what I find.  Then decided I  wanted to share it because it was so informing to me and hope it is to you too. 
oasis-  
1.  fertile land in desert: fertile ground in a desert where the level of underground water rises to or near ground level, and where plants grow and travelers can replenish water supplies 
2.  place or time of relief: a place or period that gives relief from a troubling or chaotic situation 
Fruit for thought: When we are level or balanced we are able to grow and be replenish. 
desert-
1. Lifeless place
2. A deprived place.
a place or situation that is devoid of some desirable thing or overwhelmed by an undesirable thing
Fruit for thought: When we ignore and choose not deal with issues/feelings we become out of balance, overwhelmed and end up with undesirable results.
Either one we choose, they are both contagious.  Reminds me of another saying I used to hear often, "What comes around goes around."   Or like God would say, "You reap what you sow."  Everything we do or say is spreading something to others.  We instill and spread what we think, say, feel and act towards all  those around us.   Introduce people to life not death by using the right kind of Wisdom...
Next I want to share my favorite scriptures that help me so much when I feel tormented by peoples words and my thoughts that entertain those words spoken.   A reality check that sets me free instead of being dominated by emotion.
James 3:10-20 (New International Version)
10Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. 11Can both fresh water and salt[a] water flow from the same spring? 12My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.
Two Kinds of Wisdom
 13Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. 14But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. 15Such "wisdom" does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil. 16For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.
 17But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.

I find it interesting how God asks us a question in verse 13.  Who?  And adds be aware of what is around you.   Then He is telling us to THINK and to pay attention to peoples deeds.  The next thing he gives us is keys to discernment along with a goal to be peacemakers and sow in peace in order to raise a harvest of righteousness.  All that we do is like the tide in the ocean, we see where it begins but do not know where it ends.  It blows me away when I think about how long the Bible has been here and who knows but God how many people it has affected.  Amazing thought that will last on into eternity.
Here are 5 P's that help me.  I actually have them posted in my kitchen to remind myself of the truth whenever I need it right now. = )
1. Permission- Jesus has sent us.
2. Power- The name of Jesus is our covering.  Expect opposition.
3. Provision- He is our provider.  Keep a positive attitude.
4. Protection- "Pray it home". Fight the battle with prayer.  God will supply.
5. Perspective- Stay close to others.  "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: if one falls down, his friend can help him up"  (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10)

Tina Smith

4 comments:

  1. Great Post tina!!! I love this! May it bless me and all those who read it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 5 P's. I would have never thought of that.

    And it starts with number 1, since we have permission we have authority. And everything else flows from there. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I love your blog!! Thanks for linking up today at Striving for 31. :) God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!