July 19, 2010

Motto Monday - Stay Connected


Monday Motto : Stay Connected


Proverbs 18:1 He who willfully separates himself and estranges himself (from God and man) seeks his own desire and pretext to break out against all wise and sound judgment.

I read this verse and it just caught my eye.

Considering the fact that I am the type of person who is melancholy and a bit on the introverted side, I am one who willfully separates when I am hurt, angry, or upset in anyway. I have a habit of auto-isolation. I don’t want to be that way, But I am. I struggle with it. Pray for me!

It takes me great effort to reach out. I naturally want others to believe that I am GOOD! Well guess what I am learning....they can see that I AM NOT FINE!!! They can feel my vibe when I walk into church that I AM NOT GOOD! But nonetheless I keep up this idea for myself and my own so called sanity ... that I am good!!!

so lets bite into this and see what it is made of....

willfully separates --that means purposely disconnect myself from other people

and estranges -- that means to turn away from, keep at a distance and treat others like strangers

seeks his own desire -- wanting what I want when I want it ( example --I'm mad and I will only become happy when so and so does what makes me happy)

and pretext --that means to conceal the true purpose, to put up a misleading appearance ( example --Im fine!! *smile* when inside I am angry, hurt and need prayer but I am being willful and seeking my own way)

and all that is just NOT WISE

On the surface this may not seem like that big of a deal --besides we don’t want the whole world to know our business right??

The problem is that doing this is actually a prideful  my way or the highway kind of attitude.

I am sooooooo busted!!!! The WORD tends to do that !! huh??

A few years ago ...heck a couple of months ago I would not have written such a lay me open kind of blog post...but I believe that Friendships of Love is about KNOW, SHARE, SERVE. It is getting to KNOW others, to SHARE who I truly am, and finding a way to SERVE each other through that knowledge.

This past week I was able to SEE myself in the moment and say I am ALRIGHT with a shrug of NO IM NOT to my Pastor. ( I know! - not the best but I mustered a little reality there ..come on gimme some credit ..lol)  He had a great sentence to share at that moment that caused changes for me that week that I needed...if I would have pasted my smile on and went the --I'M GOOD *smile* way --I would still be in this same spot not dealing with any of it and continuing my willful way. Now I am a few more inches further than I was last week and seeking answers and being honest about where I am.

How many times have I not done that and missed out on having people lift me up in prayer...LORD knows I need it!! Stay Connected because we need truth and we need people.

Hmmmmmm seems that I sort of did a continuation of last weeks post Be Present ...

Thanks for listening

F & L'er

Starla

5 comments:

  1. Yikes. Yikes. You had to go and find a scripture! I receive it. I'm going to turn this into a daily confession - because I need to. I admit that I'm still growing in this place. Withdrawing is something that I fight to not do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bad habit of doing that sometimes too....but we are learning...and changing...and growing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of a Proverb
    Laughter can easily conceal a heavy heart but when the laughter ends, the grief remains. (Proverbs 14:13)

    The word does so often point out where we are going wrong. Am also learning that, but especially in regards to friendships... that's been my July journey

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good post, Starla! I am gonna copy and paste the verse on my FB :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for checking it out ALL!!
    @fallingintofavor - I know right ..that verse BUSTED!!!!
    @Shelly - Yes we are THANK GOD!!
    @V - Great verse ...friendship certainly is a journey
    @ Addy - :0) Its a good one!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!