July 26, 2010

Monday Motto - Be Realistic and Honest

Monday Motto : Be Realistic and Honest


Proverbs 25:14 Who ever falsely boasts of gifts [he does not give] is like clouds and wind without rain.

This past week I wrote a post called HELD ACCOUNTABLE. In that post I mentioned taking a spiritual gifts test where I scored a total of 1 out of 15 in the category of Mercy. ( I was not happy about that!! ) :0(

In this verse is states that who ever falsely boasts of gifts ....I would have told you that I am a fairly merciful person...because I love people ...and I can empathize with others....and I want to help people....(I don’t like to look bad ) But the reality is when it comes to --dictionary.com definition: being compassionate or having kindly forbearance toward an offender or an enemy --- I personally would like to show them the letter of the law. I dont have natural mercy for offenders....but if I find others are unkind to someone and my feelings become affected I want to defend them --i dont know if that mercy or not...???

When you believe something or speak something that is not true then -- we become -- a cloud and wind without rain. Believing and speaking things that are not real are good for nothing, just a passing cloud that is here today and gone tomorrow ---they hold no weight!!! ...no substance...

It is only when we can be honest with ourselves and others that we are able to do something about what IS...

God desires that we call those things that be not, as though they were. (Romans 4:17)

I can not have faith to be more merciful if I am not willing to be honest about how non-merciful I am. Only then ....when I am realistic...seeing truthfully....can I have FAITH to call forth the MERCY of God up out of the SPIRIT that lives within me. As long as I falsely believe I am ok....I am only relying of my own WORKS of RIGHTEOUSNESS. Those false beliefs make me in need of MERCY...

Lord thank you that you know how to show us TRUTH about our humanness and need for you. That we can see YOU, that we can rely on you to be what we are weak in through your strength and not our own. Thank you that I can see that while I am not so merciful, I am however in need of much mercy and that you Lord are the ultimate source of MERCY for us all.

F & L'er
Starla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!