July 22, 2010

Held Accountable



 The other night I had a dream and in my dream my BFF says to me :
Great understanding is hard to percieve when your flipping channels like morning T.V.

ohhhhhhhhh PROFOUND!!

So I tell Tina what she says to me in my dream and she's like "Hey that's pretty good!"   --right???  she is the one who told me...lol haha

So that same day that I told her about this dream I took this spiritual gifts test that our Pastor handed out to us at church. I had been putting this test off for like a week or so..... (I know, I know...your thinking WHY!!??)

 Well I was a little worried how low I would score in some areas......I took the test and I scored a total of 1 point in MERCY!  I was so mad, upset, bothered and driving myself nuts over it that I talked about it for 3 days after that. My BFF gets me on the MSN chat and asks me some questions....she notices everything...BFF's are good at that! :0) LOL

Well while she is asking me questions trying to get me to get to the bottom of why this MERCY thing is driving me crazy....I change the subject a little ...AND GUESS WHAT SHE SAYS TO ME??????!!!

Well your off that subject on to something else, reminds me of that dream thing about flippin channels....

BUSTED!!!!!   HELD ACCOUNTABLE  ....that is Friendships of Love in ACTION form.

Know ---I know she wants to know about me

Share ---I shared my dream with her

Serve ---she serves me the TRUTH and helps me to grow.

How often do we just get offended when we have a person in our life that will hold us accountable??

She called me out!!  Truth is I am not all that great on Mercy....if you screw up-- you get to eat what you baked in my book.....but I did scored high on Exhortation ...so I will lift you up and tell you that you can make it through when you screw up but I am not gonna let you slide and act like you didn't do it. --although at times I secretly hope others will do that for me  :0)

The best I can do since I scored 1 point ...is KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT!! but I'm sure you'll still get my vibe.

F & L'er
Starla

3 comments:

  1. Love the pic Star! = ) Look what your dream has turned into...learning to for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So not funny.

    On my way to visit my Dad, my husband and I were talking about mercy. And how I don't have much of it. We both had agreed to pray for me in that area. It's like I'm merciful in some areas, but not in others. That's insane that you lure me to Friendships of Love to aid God in confirming this. Boo Starla!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that I am not the only one...:0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!