October 11, 2010

Monday Motto: Avoid and become annoyed.

Avoid and become annoyed…
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold. -Helen Keller

Found this quote very interesting to say the least. So, if what I am thinking & feeling is never revealed by me to anyone it is a temporary inward solution and a continuous problem. That was a big wake up call for me! Sounds to me like Helen Keller is right. In the long run…it is a lot more work and stress to think I have it concealed within me. But really who am I fooling? Me, of course. Others can see, feel and even hear it even if I do not come right out and say it. That leaves room for the devil to do his dirty work. That is when imaginations start to manifest themselves in us and in others. There is the danger. What we assume will eventually consume us. Fear is a dirty culprit here. Either we step out in faith which is courage and be truthful or we decide to hide behind our well decorated walls of self protection. Which ultimately leads to rejection. The very thing we are working so hard to avoid we make friends with instead of ourselves.

Lately I have been purposely and consciously choosing courage. Courage is not the absence of fear, it is doing it afraid. It is a confidence enhancer and it really works!
I decided to look up the word enhance and it is very enlightening.


Enhance-1. improve: to improve or add to the strength, worth, beauty, or other desirable quality of something



2. increase clarity of image

Being who you really are inside and out. Such a freeing feeling you get when you release who you are to others instead of hiding from yourself and others as well.

2 Corinthians 10: 5-7
5) We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 6) And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your
7) You are looking only on the surface of things.

So the question is are we going to choose to look at the surface and stay on the merry go round or choose to improve ourselves and our relationship with being who God intended us to be? That requires going deeper.

Proverbs 8:12 The Message Bible
“I am Lady Wisdom, and I live next to Sanity;
Knowledge and Discretion live just down the street.

The choice is ours and ours alone. Free will. Are you willing?

obedience is complete. I'm working on it and it is a work in progress, Amen!


Have a great day!

Tina 
"Write your plans in pencil and give God the eraser."

2 comments:

  1. "What we assume will consume us"
    I think also when we communicate we tend to assume and that can consume us too (or the relationship for that matter) coz it slowly like erodes shall i say.
    Write your plans in pencil and give God the eraser so He can write it in pen yes yes - thanks Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u for your thoughts! I love it when people share... So true about the assume...that be why it is good to communicate always huh...I am challenged there with certain personalities and need to get over it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!